What is the full form of Bank PO?The Bank PO full form is Bank Probationary Officer. It is one of the most reputed and highly acknowledged job profile. For candidates who have started looking for a career in the banking sector must know every small detail about the Probationary Officer exam as it is one of the most sought after bank exams. So, knowing the Bank PO full form and what the job offers is the first thing for an aspirant to know. Candidates preparing for the upcoming Bank PO exam 2021 must keep a regular check on the notification and important dates for the recruitment process for various Banks.
What is Bank PO?For candidates who are at the stage of selecting a career prospect for themselves and are planning on opting for Bank PO, they must understand what is Bank PO exactly. The Bank PO is a post under the Officer cadre of the Banking sector. PO or Probationary Officer is a post where candidates are directly recruited as Officers in major Banks of the country.
Bank PO Exam 2021 NotificationBank PO Notification 2021 has been released in various departments of the banks. Bank PO exam date 2021 also has been announced by the officials which are going to take place soon. Check the notification and exam date details of the upcoming bank PO exams below. Candidates preparing for Bank PO exam 2021, check the notification on upcoming recruitment, exam date, eligibility, syllabus & pattern, admit card, salary, and more. Stay connected with the Bank PO recruitment 2021 alert here once officially released. The latest updates about IBPS PO, SBI PO & other banks’ PO information will be shared to notify you.
Bank PO Exam Date 2021 List
|Bank PO Exam Name||Exam Date|
|IBPS PO||09th, 10th, 16th & 17th October 2021|
|IBPS RRB PO||01, 07th, 08th, 14th & 21st August 2021|
|ECGC PO||14th March 2021|
|SBI PO||Not Announced|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Bank PO?There are some eligibility criteria for Bank PO that you must take care of before applying. To apply the post, a candidate must ensure whether he/she is 20-30 years old. There is an age relaxation of 5 years to those candidates who belong to SC and ST. The OBC category has 3 years of relaxation. Moreover, you should have the minimum educational qualification that you are graduated from the recognized university to apply for IBPS PO and SBI PO. Thus, following some default BANK PO eligibility criteria that you must know.
- Age (20-30)
- Cast Relaxation
- Graduation from Recognized University
- Bank Po Eligibility Graduation Percentage
|Sr.||Eligibility Criteria||SBI Bank PO||IBPS Bank PO|
|2||Age Relaxation||5 Years (SC/ST) & OBC 3 Years||5 Years (SC/ST) & OBC 3 Years|
|3||Education||Graduation Degree from Recognized University||Graduation Degree from Recognized University|
IBPS PO Educational Qualification
- IBPS PO Degree Requirement: As on 26.08.2021, the candidate must possess a graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a Government of India recognized university or he/she must have any equivalent qualification, recognized by the Central Government to appear in IBPS PO 2021.
- IBPS PO Educational Qualification: A valid mark sheet or degree certificate must be present with the student certifying that he/she is a graduate as on the day prescribed by IBPS. The date mentioned on the mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the University will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination. The final result of the candidates should have been declared on or before 26/08/2021. Students will have to submit relevant documents, certifying the declaration of result on or before 26/08/2021 at the time of the Interview.
- IBPS PO Educational Eligibility Criteria: If any university provides a web-based certificate or the result is posted online then the candidate will be required to submit a relevant original document or a certificate signed by an appropriate college/ university authority, clearly mentioning the date of passing from the Institute, and will have to be presented at the time of the interview, otherwise the eligibility criteria will not be met.
- IBPS PO Eligibility Percentage: In case any university/college awards CGPA/OGPA, the candidates are required to convert it into a percentage (nearest to 2 decimal places) and mention it in the application form. Percentage fraction in scores will be ignored, i.e. if a student has secured 59.99% marks, it will be treated as less than 60%.
IBPS PO Percentage Calculation under Educational Qualification Criteria
- The percent marks will be calculated by dividing the total marks that the student has obtained in all the semester (s)/ year (s) by the aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects, irrespective of honours/ optional/ additional optional subject if any) and then multiplied by 100.
- This will be applicable to those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only.
- In cases where CGPA / OGPA is awarded by the Institute, the same should be converted into the percentage and mentioned in the online application. At the time of the interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms..
Bank PO Exam Pattern
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
|Bank PO Exam Pattern|
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Mains Exam||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||45||60||60 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Paper||2||24||30 minutes|
IBPS PO Selection Process 2021
IBPS PO Selection Process 2021 is decided by the officials of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The selection process of IBPS PO comprises of three different stages which are – Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview Round. Candidates are required to fill a single IBPS PO Application Form for all the three stages, however, the admit cards for IBPS PO exam will be released separately. Candidates qualifying all the selection stages of IBPS PO exam will only be eligible for the post. Thus, check out the different phases of the IBPS PO selection process along with new guidelines for IBPS PO Prelims, Mains, Interview, & Provisional Allotment 2021. This guide will keep you updated with the IBPS PO selection procedure.The post of a Probationary Officer in any Public Sector Bank comes along with a lot of responsibilities. Candidates must know the Bank PO job profile and responsibilities related to it, well in advance. Given below is the Bank PO job profile:Once a candidate enters the banking sector at the post of a Probationary Officer, multiple opportunities come in the way, where the employee can opt for promotion either through the internal examinations conducted or by giving Interviews and qualifying them. A Bank PO can easily get promoted to the post of Managers, Assistant Manager, Assistant General Manager, and so on. The Bank PO job is transferable and with every promotion, the employee is likely to get transferred from their current job location.The bank PO syllabus is vast, demand for candidates willing to join the banking sector is very high, and the level of exam is very tough. So the Bank PO preparation must be done in a refined and thorough manner. For more details regarding the Bank PO preparation, candidates can visit the linked article. Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming Bank PO exams 2021, can refer to the below-mentioned list of bank PO preparation tips:
- Stage 1: The Preliminary exam is of qualifying in nature which means the marks won’t be counted for final selection. However, Candidates need to secure sectional as well as overall cut off to be shortlisted for the next stage.
- Stage 2: Mains is the second phase of selection. Candidates who qualify Mains exam will then be called for Interview. Marks obtained in mains exam will be counted in the final selection.
- Stage 3: Interview is the last round of selection in IBPS PO. Candidates obtaining qualifying marks in Interview will be recruited as Probationary Officers in participating banks.
Bank PO Job Profile
- A Bank PO has to work as a Public Relations Officer, handle customer complaints and address various customer related issues.
- It also includes managerial work such as supervising the employees under the Clerical cadre.
- Managing cash flow, loans, mortgages and finances.
- Take care of loan-related documents as and when required.
Bank PO Career Growth
Bank PO Preparation
- Make a systematic and strategic study plan and prepare accordingly.
- Make sure that you solve mock tests, previous year question papers, practice papers and samples regularly to stay updated with the type of questions asked in the Bank PO exam.
- Bank PO preparation must be done, ensuring that time management is kept at preference. Time management plays a vital role in the Bank PO exams and no extra time is spent on any question while solving the paper
- Candidates must have a sound knowledge about the exam pattern & syllabus before starting the bank PO preparation. That will help them ensure that all the topics are covered during the preparation.
IBPS PO Salary Structure 2021
The basic IBPS PO salary structure is includes various components which are as follows: – 23700 – (980 / 7) – 30560 – (1145 / 2) – 32850 – (1310 / 7) – 42020 including Rs. 980 is the annual increment that an IBPS PO will get and it will be applicable for a period of 7 years. The revised basic IBPS PO salary is ₹ 23700 – (980 x 7) – 30560 – (1145 x 2) – 32850 – (1310 x 7) – 42020. It means Basic Salary of IBPS PO after 7 Years – ₹ 30,560. Also, the Basic Salary of IBPS PO after 7 + 2 Years – ₹ 32,850 Basic Salary of IBPS PO after 7 + 2 + 7 Years – ₹ 42,020. (as per 10th Bipartite settlement)
Frequently Asked Questions for Bank PO
Q 1. What is Bank PO?
Ans. Bank PO or Bank Probationary Officer is a post in Public Sector Banks. The bank PO exam is considered to be one of the most sought after and the toughest exam in the banking sector.
Q 2. What is the educational qualification to apply for a Bank PO exam?
Ans. Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline to apply for the Bank PO exam. This is the basic educational qualification that is mandatory in almost all Bank PO exams.
Q 3. How is the bank PO exam different from the Bank Clerk exam?
Ans. Both bank PO and Clerk exams are conducted to recruit candidates in the banking sector. The major difference is the post. PO exam is conducted to recruit Officers and Clerk to recruit candidates in the clerical cadre.
Q 4. Where can I check the Bank PO exam dates?
Ans. The exam dates for various Bank PO exams is released by the conducting body in the official notification for that respective exam.
Q 5. What is the full form of PO?
Ans. The PO full form is a Probationary Officer. It is one of the highest entry-level posts in the banking sector.